Mold Removal Toronto

Mold Removal Toronto

Mold is a species of fungi that can grow on a variety of surfaces in the home including walls and food. There are benevolent and malevolent forms of mold. The good kind of mold can contribute to biodegradation. The malicious type of mold can be toxic be hazardous to humans and animals. Getting rid of mold in a home is an important issue because if left untreated can be harmful to
humans.

There are close to 100,000 species of mold known to us. Not all of these fungi are visible to the human eye or found on everyday objects. The most common household molds are Cladosporium, Mucor, Aspergillus, Penicillium, and Alternaria. The Stachybotrys fungi are found consistently in items with high levels of cellulose like paper, cardboard, ceiling tiles, wood products. It is considered toxic.

Mold, for the most part, exists in wet or damp areas that usually have some sort of heat source around. Poor ventilation in an area with uncirculated air can also promote the growth of mold. Roofing, plumbing, and interior walls are common places for these types of fungi to grow.

When doing mold remediation and removal, you must protect yourself as mold can be very detrimental to your health. Because mold can harm air quality, it is suggested to wear a mask or a respirator. Also, get fresh air during work breaks. Ensure that you wear protective goggles, gloves, and disposable clothing.

Mold Remediation Toronto

If the issue is in more than one part of a business place or home, work in one section at a time. Use protective coverings and professional duct tape to partition the areas. This will help stop the mold spores from spreading in the area being worked on. The mold infected areas should be cleaned at separate times throughout the process.

This issue can be handled if it is not ubiquitous. Most mold removal is done by homeowners. In drastic cases, it is recommended that a removal company do the job.

If you are working on a dry surface, apply mist the area with water before beginning the mold removal process.  Use soap and water to remove as much mold as you can. Cover adjacent areas in this mixture, even if there are no visible mold spores.

After washing the surface, you will need to disinfect the area. To accomplish this, mix household bleach and water. Apply the mixed solution to the areas and let it soak in for 10 to 15 minutes. Once that has adequately soaked in, rinse the area. The quicker the area dries, the better, so use powerful fans to help expedite the process.